Pbs of disk access

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Jun 23 21:07:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 20:09, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> "umask=002" to allow write permission everyone

Does anyone know if there is a umask which would leave directories "x"
for user and group but not ordinary files? I currently use

users,gid=users,umask=007

in /etc/fstab for a couple of vfat partitions that I want access to, but
it is (only a very slight) annoyance that that also makes files have
permissions -rwxrwx--- whereas I would prefer that for directories and
have only -rw-rw---- for ordinary files.

Any suggestions?

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com