Windows partition

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 23 21:57:11 UTC 2004

On Jun 23, 2004 at 16:50, Norman LeCouvie in a soothing rage wrote:

[top posting rearranged]
>ne... wrote:
>
>>On Jun 23, 2004 at 07:39, Norman LeCouvie in a soothing rage wrote:
>>
>>>How can I see the files on my windows partition?
>>Create a mount point for the partition. If it is one
>>of the FAT types, mount it using vfat. If it is ntfs,
>>head over to http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/ and
>>get the ntfs module. Install it and mount the with
>>ntfs. If you want to make this more permanent, add
>>an entry to /etc/fstab.
>HI,
>
>thanks for the support. I got the RPM but here is my issue.
>
>To get my Linuxant wireless driver to work I had to install an rpm that
>created 8kstacks and that is now the kernel. I have an option when I
>boot to load either the original kernel or the 8kstack kernel. If I load
>the original, I can see the windows file system, when I load the other I
>cannot as it tells me that
>mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel
>
>any suggestions?
Each kernel has to be compiled with the ntfs module. From
what you have written, your 8k stack kernel does not have
the ntfs module compiled. You will need to recompile the
kernel module for that.

N.Emile...
Let's _not_ bring that into this thread, OK?

	- Al Viro on linux-kernel
 17:52:34  up 12 days, 11:25,  3 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.01