Re: apt-get and hold/ignore

Frank Pineau wrote:
Ok, I'm stumped.  In debian, you could put a hold on a package with dpkg
--set-selections.  In the FC world, I can't for the life of me figure
out how to do that with either apt-get or synaptic.  It's very annoying
because I have several packages installed that are newer than what's in
the repositories (xscreensaver, for example) and apt-get insists it's
older and wants to upgrade it.

Can anyone tell me how to get apt-get/synaptic to ignore a package in
FC2?

I would suggest you put a priority on the fedora and livana packages as these projects are specifically geared to fedora, and then the other repositories for packages not available in fedora.us or livana.

Here is a apt preferences file that does just that.

Mike
Package: *
Pin: release o=Livna.org
Pin-Priority: 1500