Windows partition

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Jun 24 02:01:52 UTC 2004

Norman LeCouvie wrote:

> Thanks jeff.
>
> My kernel is as follows;
>
> 2.6.5-1.358.8kstacks
>
> not
>
> 2.6.5-1.358
>
> as I had to chnage it to allow for my wireless adapter.
>
> When I load the 2.6.5-1.358 kernel at boot it works fine, when I use
> the top one it does not.
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> norman

You say it does not work and it does work, but are not specific about
the errors seen, conditions, or what is being tested.

I would assume you are referring to the functionality of the  module or
the ability to insert it, but without more information I can't answer
that it does or does not make sense.  I do not use anything right now
that requires the 8k stacks nor do I presently need access to ntfs on my
linux boxes so have not tested it.  I was only commenting that the ntfs
module can eliminate the need for recompiling.

I do know that the modules usually have to match the kernel so you may
need a  module compiled for your kernel in order to use ntfs with it.