Palm Zire 72 and FC2 USB connection [FIGURED-OUT]

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jun 24 06:02:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 12:11, Ed Gurski wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 14:17, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: alan <alan at clueserver.org>
> > Subject: Re: Palm Zire 72 and FC2 USB connection [FIGURED-OUT]
> > To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

> I would try the following tutorial
> http://fedoranews.org/krishnan/tips/tip017.shtml
>
> I have used this and my Palm T1 has no problems whatsoever.

Well, I just found the source of my problems.

If I boot with the cradle plugged in, the following messages happen
during the boot:

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Handspring Visor / Palm OS
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Sony
Clie 3.5drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered
for Sony Clie 5.0visor 2-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
detected
usb 2-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
(or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
usb 2-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
(or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
usbcore: registered new driver visor
drivers/usb/serial/visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor / Palm OS driver v2.1
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
KL5KUSB105D / PalmConnect
usbcore: registered new driver kl5kusb105d
drivers/usb/serial/kl5kusb105.c: KLSI KL5KUSB105 chipset USB->Serial
Converter driver v0.3a
hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 3-0:1.0: 2 ports detected

For some weird reason, it sees the cradle as having two ports, gets
confused and unlinks both of them.

If I then unplug and replug the cradle back in, it finds one port and
everything works correctly.

--
"Ye have locked yerselves up in cages of fear--and, behold, do ye now
complain that ye lack FREEDOM!"