RH9 Upgrade to Fedora

CHAPMAN - Ian Paul i.p.chapman at tees.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:41:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 19:28, rayzor at rf3labs.com wrote:

> Are there any issues upgrading RH9 to Fedora? Will it retain current system
> configurations and leave everything intact?

Initially I tried an upgrade from RH9 to FC2 but it seemed to break a
lot of things. For example I couldn't log in via gdm, and the keyboard
simply didn't work in X along with various other issues. It was pretty
much a vanilla RH9 system. It's worked OK for others though. A clean
install however yielded no major problems.

--
Ian Chapman - UNIX Systems Administrator
School of Computing - University of Teesside