dhcp vs gnome?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Jun 24 13:38:16 UTC 2004

    Can anyone tell me if the following is expected behavior for
gnome? I noticed that under Fedora Core 2 if I lose internet
connectivity (ie pull the cable) that gnome terminal windows
will not open until I put it back on the ethernet. Is there a
workaround for this problem?
                     Jack
ps I think I also see this problem arise if the DNS servers go
down so I think it may be more related to a failure to do DNS
lookups for the machine itself. Unfortunately since the
machine connects with dhcp, I am unable to simply hard code the
domainname into the hosts file.