kernel 2.6.7 + nvidia

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 14:02:38 UTC 2004

- - s r b - - wrote:

>>I'm using 2.6.7 with the 5336 driver and get 3D support, no problem!

> Is this the "standard" kernel (from kernel.org), or did you have to
> remaster for 8K Stacks?? Just wondering, because currently I am using
> the 2.6.6-1.427 8K Stack kernel from Linuxant...

It's from kernel.org. The vanilla kernels still have the option to compile
with/without 4K stacks. It's only missing from the Redhat kernels.

In fact, if you copy the config file from your FC2 installation, you don't
need to change anything as the 4K stacks option isn't in the config, and it
defaults to 8K stacks. So you can just do
yes | make oldconfig

Jonathan