FC2 to RH9

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 24 14:36:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 11:32, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Ted Gervais wrote:

> >> FC1 -> FC2 was a major change
> >>
> >> 2.4 kernel -> 2..6 kernel
> >> OSS sound  -> ALSA sound.
> >>
> >> If things don't work with FC2 to your satisfaction - stick arround
> >> with FC1. FC1 is an improvement over RHL9 - in your terms.
> >

> > Yes.  FC1 was an improvement over RH9, but FC2 was a disappointment.  So
> > rather than go back to RH9, just drop back to FC1.  I wonder if that is
> > possible??
>
> Reinstall.
>
> Also - you should investigate getting ALSA working with FC2 (seek help
> on this list - instead of saying FC2 is ....).

Satish  -  thanks for your comments.  Maybe there is hope here afterall.
I believe I have ALSA working.  I believe that is what got my sound
working.  But not all of it.  What is the test to show that ALSA is
working?  Does it have a config file?  Is there a command line I can run
to check to see that it is turned on, or at least installed??

Sorry for the questions, but you have me a sudden 'ray' of hope..

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia