FC1 -> FC2: very slow xDSL connection...

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Thu Jun 24 17:31:16 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 24.06.2004 schrieb Andrea Giuliano um 15:11:
> Dear all,
>
> a few days ago I had my home ADSL connection working, and it was working
> incredibly fast!
>
> Then I decided to upgrade from FC1 to FC2. Note that I've been using FC2
> for some weeks here at work with very positive results.
>
> After the upgrade at home, the connection became so slow that it is
> almost unusable.

What exactly is slow: The transfer rate (e.g. when you download a big
file from a fast server) or name resolution (getting the IP for a
hostname)?

I think you _may_ be hitting the problem with mozilla and IPV6, which is
turned on by default in FC2. There has been some discussion about this
last week on the list.

Christoph