Strange characters when displaying manpages

Edwin Dicker edwin at dicker.nl
Thu Jun 24 19:32:27 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have some strange characters in my manpages.
with FC1 I had to edit /etc/sysconfig/i18n and remove .UTF-8 from the LANG variable.
I learned that this doesnt work anymore within FC2
what do I need to edit to get my manpages display fine again ?

example :

HOSTNAME(1)                Linux Programmerâs Manual               HOSTNAME(1)

NAME
       hostname - show or set the systemâs host name
       domainname - show or set the systemâs NIS/YP domain name
       dnsdomainname - show the systemâs DNS domain name

all the â characters should be a ' of course

Edwin