the GIMP causing corruption in X

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Thu Jun 24 19:36:21 UTC 2004

Andy Green wrote:

>On Thursday 24 June 2004 20:04, Joshua Andrews wrote:
>

>>Has anyone noticed that after using the gimp for a while the whole KDE
>>desktop environment becomes unusable chaos?
>>
>>I have had some very hard to explain Desktop wierdness associated with
>>extensive use of the gimp in the past but after the last update I am
>>getting such bad corruption of the X displays that they become unusable.
>>

>Probably the details of what video card and X driver you are using would be
>useful.  I have never seen any weirdness as you describe using the opensource
>nv driver on this machine, and I use Gimp now and again.
>
>- -Andy

I don't think it is a driver issue more like a KDE window manager issue.

As I said it is hard to describe; the window title bars seem to
dissapear and all workspaces get crammed into one, the kicker or panel
deal becomes hidden or useless --like I said chaos. The pointer still
works with whatever menus are present .

I am using a Radeon 7200 with the stock driver.