DNS and Postfix

Abraham Ganem aganeml at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 20:22:50 UTC 2004

Ok, You'r right.  The specific problems are:

1.  I have not been able to understan how to setup the DNS.  For example, my Domain Name is   university.edu.co,  my host name is micity so my whole the Domain name for my Internet Server would be,  mycity.university.edu.co  , right?

How do I configure that?

2.  I'm using Postfix as my MTA,  I'm able to send mail's to my yahoo account. but I get this address in th FROM line in Yahoo:  FROM: aganeml at localhost.localdomain

I'm using Webmin and I sended the eMail from there,  In the FROM line in Webmin, it has aganeml at www.university.edu.co.  I tried deleting manualy the www in that address and I got ir right in my Yahoo messege (aganeml at univeristy.edu.co).  In the /etc/host I have

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain www.cecar.edu.co localhost www

What I'm I doing wrong?  I'm sorry if my questions are to simple, but I¡m just getting started, so one again thanks for your patience.

Abraham