Mozilla 1.7 launch problem

I have just compiled Mozilla 1.7 and find that it may no longer
be launched from the icon in the panel at the bottom of the
screen.

I am using Fedora Core 1.

The machine just waits for a while and then the whole thing
just gives up.

I had no such problem with the 1.6 that I built, with the same
configuration settings.

I can start it with no problem at all by typing 'mozilla &' in
an xterm window.

To configure the build I used:

./configure  \
    --prefix=/usr  \
    --enable-optimize='-O2 -march=pentium4' \
    --disable-debug  \
    --enable-pie  \
    --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7  \
    --disable-strip-libs  \
    --disable-tests  \
    --enable-xinerama  \
    --enable-nspr-autoconf  \