[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Thu Jun 24 22:17:43 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 24/06/2004 00:46:

>Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 23:59:
>

>>Alexander and Christopher,
>>
>>it is late now so I can't check your suggestions but:
>>
>>1) the card is PCI Fritcard PnP
>>

>Ok. Then the card is not proper in the PCI slot or the card is broken
>now. And as I said check your BIOS settings.
>

>>2) the card was working in FC1 as eth2 (and before in RH9 and RH8,) that
>>is a week ago, so I would exclude any hardware failure!!!!
>>

>An ISDN card is no ethernet device! So eth2 is wrong under any
>circumstances.
>

>>The file isdncard is equivalent to Christopher's, but I can't understand
>>why I have this file (unless it does take in account that FC2 is un
>>upgrade from FC1....)
>>

>The file is there to give HiSaX the proper data about your ISDN card!
>The hisax kernel module is for many ISDN cards. Just read the kernel
>documentation.
>

>> Antonio Montagnani
>>

>Alexander

Christopher and Alexander,

I followed your great advice.
Opened the Pc, disinstalled from the PCI slot the card, re-installed in
a different slot (but at first it didn't work...) then again after
cleaning of contact and magically seems to be on!!!!

Just to understand : if I issue
  /bin/grep eth /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 ne2k-pci
alias eth1 ne2k-pci
#alias eth2 hisax
 but (for Alexander) I do not see any eth2 (please compare with same
command on your machine as per previous message.)

Now in lsmod I see:
hisax                 452444  1
isdn                  111328  5 hisax
slhc                    5632  2 ppp_generic,isdn
 and I could configure my backup connection by ISDN card (in case of
ADSL failure)

I do not see any error during ISDN loading at start-up and in Hardware
browsing my ISDN card is /dev/eth2 under network devices.

and this is the output of lspci command related to network devices:

00:10.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
00:11.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
00:12.0 Network controller: AVM Audiovisuelles MKTG & Computer System
GmbH A1 IS DN [Fritz] (rev 02)

But apart from Internet backup connection how did you manage additional
application (in particular fax and voice)????

Tnx a lot (really great!!!!!)

--

 Antonio

 Working with  Mozilla 1.7 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2