e1000 Woes

I've been having problems since day1 with my FC1, even
FC2.

I use a e1000 with a Shuttle case, SS51G.

I can't exactly say why it happens, but very commonly
my e1000 looses its link to the Linksys Giga switch I
have. Its absolutely random, and you can watch all the
lights turn off, and eventually turn back on.

Its extremly annoying.