Re: DVD Decrypter equavalent for Linux

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 06:07:33PM -0700, Barry Yu wrote:
> There is program named DVD DECRYTER in Win version can rip dvd into an
> iso file and place it in hard drive, then mount this iso file on a
> virtue dvd drive so a regular dvd player software can play it. If there
> is one like this ( enable user to copy dvd disc into hard drive and play
> it there )  for Linux ?
> Tks for info

	You can just use the libdvdcss stuff and access encrypted
DVD's directly.  Why worry about ripping it to the hard drive?
I watch encrypted DVD's using Ogle with no problem.  They just
can't ship that stuff with the distros due to lawyer type probs.

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw WittsEnd com
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/