X lock / crash + slowdowns - fc2

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Jun 25 01:59:33 UTC 2004

James Wilkinson wrote, On 06/21/2004 08:31 AM:
> Gene Smith wrote:
>
>>I thought getting latest updates and/or disabling random screen savers
>>may have fixed my X lockups. Been several week since I had one. Anyhow,
>>it happened tonight.
>

> What graphics card are you using? Which drivers? (Have you installed
> Nvidia or ATi proprietary stuff?)
>
> James.

Graphic card: GeForce3 Ti 200
No proprietary stuff.

Here again is how the "slowdown" works. While typing this I
highlighted/selected "No proprietary stuff" above with mouse. I then
clicked somewhere on this page which removed the selection. I tried to
type something. What I typed did not appear until about 10-15 seconds.
After that response was normal.

-gene