updates ?? a red exclamatory icon !!!!!

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Jun 25 17:12:53 UTC 2004

James Lawrence wrote:
> Kent Emia wrote:
>
>> checking for updates ...
>>
>> launch up2date ... but its saying that my system is updated and i don't
>> need any updates ...
>>
>> but my question is .. how come it went red ??
>>

> to to the terminal, switch to root and type this........      yum update

I think the above solution assumes the original poster has a good
working /etc/yum.conf, which may be the case, but if not, then a sample
one is available at this url:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

But back to the OP's question: as another respondant said, the situation
is related to the mirrors not being in synch just yet. This is a good
time for a bit of patience, as it may take a while for them to get in
synch. So, the OP may want to go have some lunch, mow the grass, or pay
some bills, and launch the up2date application later on today. The
mirrors will have the updates by then, and up2date will take care of
business!

Hope this helps,
Clint