[OT] New worm attacks

Edward Croft ecroft at OPENRATINGS.com
Fri Jun 25 18:52:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 14:47, Mark Haney wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:31:45 -0400, Edward Croft <ecroft at OPENRATINGS.com>
> wrote:
> <snip>

> Okay, being the total skeptic I am, do you have any links to provide
> additional info on this?  I've not heard anything concerning this one and
> would like additional resources to look at.  Not that I think you are
> BS'ing, I mean it is IE and all, but I'd like more detail to give to my
> superiors.
>

> --
> Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
>
> Mark Haney
> Network, Database and Systems Administration
> DoctorDirectory.com Inc.

No problem, but it is all over the web by now. The CBS article is the
one that says the quote from security experts recommending switching to
Opera or Mozilla.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040625/D83E6CJ00.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/25/tech/main626054.shtml
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=&e=6&u=/ap/20040625/ap_on_hi_te/internet_infection
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1804&ncid=738&e=6&u=/washpost/20040625/tc_washpost/a5524_2004jun25

That's just a start. I am sure there will be more reports soon.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer