up2date problem

James Lawrence linuxjim at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 25 19:25:57 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>James Lawrence said:
>

>>William Hooper wrote:
>>

>[snip]
>

>>i changed it to NO ran up2date wants me to log into the RedHat network for
>>updates create a account etc...
>>

>Double check your sources file (per slim's message about the one I missed) to make sure ALL "up2date default" lines are commented.
>
>grep default /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

i changed to this.....
[jim at My_World jim]$ grep default /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
### the default rhn (using "default" as the url means
#up2date default
#up2date default
[jim at My_World jim]$

thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
it now works !!!!    wonder how that line got uncommented??? does RH do
that when you register?   i'll remeber that from now on

once again
thank you
thank you
thank you