[OT] Reverse DNS

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Fri Jun 25 20:05:56 UTC 2004

I'm having a discussion with my boss over reverse DNS and I want to know
if my logic is correct.  Who exactly resolves the reverse DNS queries?  I
say it's the name server that serves up the regular DNS, but my boss
insists it is our ISP which isn't our primary DNS provider.  Is there any
DNS FAQ's that explain this.  I thought I knew how this worked, but now
I'm confused.

--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.