Re: connect FC2 to winXP

hicham wrote:

sorry, again a silly question, i know this surely

have

been discussed before ,
How do I get my PC with FC2 share files with a

winxp

pc with two ethernet cards ?

Without further information it's not obvious what
two ethernet cards
have to do with the problem.

I mean two pc's connected thru their network cards
only no hub or routers

Works perfectly on a network that contains ONLY those 2 machines. The cable used here is the key, and it must be what is called a crossover cable.

You can connect 2 machines and eliminate the normally used switch/hub. The drawback is you cannot connect anything else in the same network link.

The general answer is samba.

man samba
man smb.conf
/usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.3/