Video thumbnails gone -- how to regenerate?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Jun 25 21:59:52 UTC 2004

I was playing around with gThumb, and meant to hit

Tools -> Maintenance -> Delete Old Thumbnails

but instead accidentally hit "Delete ALL Thumbnails". "Oh well," I
thought, "they'll all just get regenerated when I next open each folder
in Nautilus." Well that is true of images, but it is not true of any
video files I have. The thumbnails for the video files had been
generated with a very slightly earlier version of totem than the one I
have installed now (there was an update this week). I am currently
running:

$ rpm -qf `which totem-video-thumbnailer`
totem-0.99.12-0.lvn.1.2

Does anyone know how to manually force the regeneration of the
thumbnails or how to test whether totem-video-thumbnailer is broken in
some way?

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com