FC2: DANG!!! Missing modprobe.conf.dist and IpTables blew up!?!?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Jun 26 02:35:43 UTC 2004

I was happily ploddling along and decided to
add a domain name server and sendmail server
onto the FC2, configured both and then rebooted.

Then on boot up, I noticed a VERY QUICK flash of text
message indicating an error with modprobe but could
not read it, then enabled the 'details' when X was
running and got this message (or something like this)

Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.conf.dist

Later through the boot up I notice that my iptables
blew up (appeared to be lost)

Then my network cards are gone.

But everything else seems to come up but no network.

What is going on please?

Best regards,
~Dan