Fedora - The Next Generation

Randy Ramsdell rramsdel at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 06:03:10 UTC 2004

Roland Venter wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I would like to hear your feelings on a couple of issues:
>
>To start off I've been using FC1 on several servers since it's initial
>release and have had little or no problems, only rebooting for kernel
>upgrades, etc.  Before a flame war starts, I agree that for critical
>production servers you should be running RHEL.  My problem is this:

Stable means Stable. If FC1 is stable in the configuration you set up ,
then it simply is stable and fits the "production" server criteria. I
personally don't agree that RHEL is for the "real" businesses and
anything else is just used for hobbyist.

Try installing SUN on a SATA MB and see well that works. Does this mean
SUN isn't a production OS? Its all about hardware and your hardware
setup seems to agree with FC1.

rcr