mplayer question.

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Sat Jun 26 08:42:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 15:57, François Patte wrote:

> > whenever I try to
> > watch a movie file with mplayer I get an error message "Error
> > opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device"
> > I don't know what this means.

The video_out device is the driver mplayer uses to display the video on
the X screen. Try "mplayer -vo help" for a list of drivers available in
mplayer. Then try e.g. "mplayer -vo xv movie.avi" to use the xv driver.
Once you found you best working driver, you can put it as option into
the ~/.mplayer/config file.

HaJo
--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>