Force Nautilus to refresh thumbnails (was Re: Video thumbnails gone -- how to regenerate?)

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sat Jun 26 12:11:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 22:59, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> Does anyone know how to manually force the regeneration of the
> thumbnails or how to test whether totem-video-thumbnailer is broken in
> some way?

Having played around with this more, I don't think
totem-video-thumbnailer is broken, because this:

$ totem-video-thumbnailer path/to/movie.avi ./thumbnail.png

works just fine. So for some reason Nautilus is not calling
totem-video-thumbnailer when it comes across video files that don't have
thumbnails associated with them.

Is there a way to force Nautilus to refresh thumbnails?

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com