DVD Decrypter equavalent for Linux

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 26 13:31:08 UTC 2004

Greg Wildman wrote:
> Barry Yu said the following on 25/06/2004 03:07:
>
>> There is program named DVD DECRYTER in Win version can rip dvd into an
>> iso file and place it in hard drive, then mount this iso file on a
>> virtue dvd drive so a regular dvd player software can play it. If
>> there is one like this ( enable user to copy dvd disc into hard drive
>> and play it there )  for Linux ?
>> Tks for info
>

> I use "DVD Ripper & Encoder" to copy my DVD's to disk. I usually create
> a 1.2GB rip which gives me good quality.
>
> Get the perl-Video-DVDRip package from freshrpms.net
>
> --
> Greg

I hate to sound dumb & lazy but did you happen to sketch a rough road
map for navigating Dependency Hell enroute to installing that package?
I've tried both FC-1 and FC-2 and felt like I was battling the Hydra.

Regards,
Robert

--
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were
easier to do.