localhost hostname problem

I'm having a devil of a time: running FC2 through eth0 RCA modem on
comcast.net.  That connection did something, now instead of being
localhost at login, I'm x1-6-04-4f-00 or something like that, which
happens to be the hw addy of the eth0.  How do I change this, or at
least nickname it, to get back to localhost?  I'm a newbie wanting to
learn! :)  Thanks.

Never forget another important date again
http://AllReminders.net