Trouble Mounting LS120 Drive

Anthony Tantillo ATantillo7759 at wowway.com
Sun Jun 27 01:17:52 UTC 2004

I have an old Imation LS120 Drive that connects to the parallel port.  I
compiled a custom version of the kernel version 2.6.6-1.435. that
contains the paride, epat, and pf modules.  The paride and epat modules
load fine, but I cannot load the pf module.  The error message that I
get is:

/sbin/modprobe pf
FATAL: Error inserting pf
(/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435custom/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pf.ko):
Operation not permitted

When I check the system log I see the following:

Jun 26 21:03:06 localhost kernel: paride: epat registered as protocol 0
Jun 26 21:03:11 localhost kernel: pf: pf version 1.04, major 47, cluster
64, nice 0
Jun 26 21:03:11 localhost kernel: pf: No ATAPI disk detected

Any clues or references to what is going on will be appreciated.  This
is the first time that I am having trouble with the paride system.

Tony