Erratic Mouse after upgrade of kernel on FC2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 02:09:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 21:22, Rob Cartier wrote:
> I am experincing erratic mouse behavior after
> upgrading the kernel from 2.6.5-1.358 to
> 2.6.6-1.435.
>
> It shows alot of errors from the gpmd (console mouse)
> and in 'X' the mouse is unusable and if you move it at
> all the cursor jumps all over the screen and many windows
> start opening.
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same problem.
>
> Rob

Envelope please:  KVM, psmouse.proto=imps

I am guessing you are running with a KVM switch, possibly a Belkin 4
port KVM.  (You really should turn off the web cam....   :)   )

Several of us have had similar problems.  One fix that seems to work for
most people is to add psmouse.proto=imps as a kernel parameter.

Go to /boot/grub/grub.conf and add that to the end of the kernel line.

Reboot and it should be resolved.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com