ppp not getting dns info on connect

Chuck_Sterling csterlin at zianet.com
Sun Jun 27 17:51:17 UTC 2004

On fc2, all updates installed, ppp connects to my local ISP and I get a
dynamic IP address as expected, but the default gateway and dns server
IP addresses are not set up. This did work correctly on fc1, and does
under fc2 when connecting via ethernet at $WORK.

There has been some discussion on this, but no resolution that I see
except to enter the gateway and dns info manually into the ppp setup
dialog. I have done this and of course it works or I would not be
posting this note.

But. Is there another solution that will get ppp to fill in the missing
items, and if not, is anyone working on it or has it at least been
posted as a bug? Or did I just miss the whole discussion while asleep
one night...?

Thanks,
Chuck Sterling