upgrading OpenOffice and Mozilla

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sun Jun 27 18:18:50 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am So, den 27.06.2004 schrieb admin at kclinux.net um 19:23:
>

>>This was pretty much a useless reply that used up everyone's bandwidth
>>and disk space.  Thanx.
>>

>No. I wanted to know for what its worth to use these specific software
>versions and not those shipped by Fedora. I requested for arguments.
>
>Alexander

There seem to be little 'bugs' that get fixed in the RedHat/Fedora
versions that are not fixed in the Mozilla.org versions. For example,
with Mozilla Mail, and even Thunderbird, if you choose to 'View All
Headers', with the Mozilla.org version, there is no scroll bar on the
right to scroll down through the headers to the body of the email. This
seems to get fixed in the RedHat/Fedora versions. Alexander's questions
are valid. If you just have to have the latest bleeding edge version of
Mozilla, get it from Mozilla.org. If you need the version that works
best with Fedora, get the Fedora version.