Burning CDs with Nautilus, high failure rate

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 27 19:01:49 UTC 2004

With FC1 I was able to burn CDs from Nautilus with excellent reliability
(I can't recall a single failure) and was the envy of my Windows
colleagues(!).

With FC2 this reliability has been shot through, I'd estimate the
fault-free burns at around 10%. And when my Windows-using friends ask me
to burn CDs for them I dread the results.

I doubt this is Fedora specific but a problem with either GNOME 2.6 or
the kernel 2.6.5.

I see lots of people recommending other tools but I liked the Nautilus
burner, it was so simple.

Has anyone else experienced this huge drop in reliability?

Are there any specific bugs posted around this that I can monitor?

Or should I give up with Nautilus?