ACPI fan control for laptop

Greetings,

I recently posted a question about my hard drive clicking and received
some help. Thanks to all who replied.  I believe my problem may be caused
by my laptop running hotter with Fedora Core 1 than it does with Windows
XP.  I notice that the fan very seldom runs under FC1, but runs more
frequently under windows.

Is there a way to adjust this?  Is this an ACPI issue?  Can anybody point
me to some help on controlling the fan under Fedora Core 1?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bill Johnson