Re: Another sendmail relaying problem.

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 19:22 +0200, Franco wrote:
> Hi, i say that someone is able to bounce a message through my
> server to local user, it can use the server smtp to delivery
> to local user but the mail from must be any local user.
>
> Example: on my server i have 20 local users, one of this
> is pippo ppppp com, someone send e-mail through my server using
> my server smtp and in the from address of e-mail put pippo ppppp com
> it send the e-mail without problem.
> So all who want do spamming on my local user can do this.
> How can stop it?
It would be very helpful if you included the details from you /etc/mail/
access file in a post to the list.

The standard configuration for sendmail prevents it from doing as you
suggest, this means you must have changed some thing (most likely in /
etc/mail/access), if you can tell us what you changed, and what you want
your mail server to do, then we will most likely be able to help you
resolve the problem.

Doug