Re: connect FC2 to winXP

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 06:40, hicham wrote:

> > In case I was right with my earlier comment about
> > the gateway being
> > needed, please try adding another IP in the
> > 192.168.1.XX range as the
> > gateway on each of these machines and see if that
> > has an effect.
> >
> > Also, confirm that you are using a crossover cable
> > for the connection
> > between these 2 machines and that you have
> > indications of link on both
> > ends.
> >
> I think I am using a patch cable
> that 's what is written on the cable
>
> gonna look for a crossover one
>
> thanks

A patch cable will not work.  You need an actual cross over cable.

If you hold both ends of the cable up with the clips in the same
direction and look at the colors of each wire in the RJ45 connector you
will see, in a cross over cable, that they are not in the same order.
In a patch cable or regular cable they will be the same.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid cfl rr com>