Re: pilot usb settings

Sorry,

I don't understand, I am a newbie to this. Actually I sort of understand, but not fully

thanks,

norman

roger2 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:28:23 -0400, Norman LeCouvie <lecouvie sun com> wrote:

Thanks Ben,

My Palm is a Tungsten, so I am doing the following commands separately,

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/pilot

then

chmod 666 /dev/pilot

and then I run the gnome-pilot and try to sync.

Still not seeing the unit, although it did when I ran JDS a while ago,
so I will mess around a little more,

where # is 0, 1, then 2

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB# /dev/pilot (create default /dev for gnome-pilot)

chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB# (0, 1, and 2)
chmod 666 /dev/pilot (the new /dev)

Note the Chmod was for the actual device and the link you only mentioned the link in your last post.

--
Norman LeCouvie
Norman LeCouvie

613-787-5229