pilot usb settings

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:58:01 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Norman LeCouvie <lecouvie at sun.com>
>Sorry,
>I don't understand, I am a newbie to this. Actually I sort of
>understand, but not fully

Since you have a Tungsten, the following should work for you (as root):

chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB*
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/pilot

That's all that should be needed.  You can check your connectivity by
doing the following:

ps auwx | grep gpil | grep -v grep | awk '{print "kill " $2}' | sh
pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -l

The first command will kill off any running gpilotd processes, which
will prevent pilot-xfer from picking up when you issue the second
command, which will print a list of all the databases on your
handheld.

--
Ben Steeves
            ben.steeves at gmail.com