how to get Bittorrent to work

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Mon Jun 28 14:12:06 UTC 2004

Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun
Microsystems wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've tried to get Bittorrent installed and working on my Core 2 system.
> I have bittorrent and bittorrent-gui installed, but when I click on a
> .torrent link in the browser it just asks for which application to use.
> Where should I tell the browser to go?
>
> Anything else I need to do?
>
> thanks,

You could probably try pointing to the app:

/usr/bin/btdownloadgui.py

I've never tried directly pointing to the app from Mozilla though. What
I do is download the .torrent file and run

btdownloadgui.py filename.torrent

This starts up the download.

HTH
dex