Palm / Clie Hot-sync issue

Sam Williams sam-williams at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 28 14:30:40 UTC 2004

I'm currently having some difficulty getting the hot-sync to work
between my Fedora Core 2 system and clie sj22. I had it working
perfectly with Fedora Core 1, but when the upgrade botched and I had to
do a fresh install I lost it all.  I have currently tried devices
/dev/ttyUSB0 and  /dev/ttyUSB1 simlinked to /dev/pilot. I have gone in
and changed all the parameters required to perform a puch to pilot as
the first synch operation, but the two aren't talking.

The palm device is clearly visible using lsusb or usbview once the
hot-sync is attempted from the Clie, but no connection or data transfer
occurs. If anyone has any ideas please let me know... Thanks for your
help!!!

--
Sam Williams                                             samurai at acm.org
+"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers   +