[Fedora] up2date

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Mon Jun 28 15:56:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:49:46 -0400, James Lawrence
<linuxjim at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Øyvind Lode wrote:
>
>> But of some reason I am not figuring ot how to keep my system up2date...
>> Is there a HOWTO/Tutorial etc on how to configure and use the up2date
>> command from the command line?
>> Or other "updating" tools for my Fedora box?
>> I found something callled yum...
>>
>> Please tell me how :-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Øyvind Lode

I use the cli version of up2date all the time.  Here's what I use just for
manual updating, I do very little automatic updating as I prefer to test
it on one machine the yum it from my own repository.

up2date --nox -l (list the packages that can be updated)
up2date --nox -u (update the packages)

This doesn't include skipped packages (like the kernel) by default, but
you can tell it to do that if you so desire.

--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.