kernel 2.4.22-1.2194 clicks monitor

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 28 16:19:50 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian said:

[snip]
> I am aware that an incorrectly configured setup can harm a monitor.
> I also stated that the auto config tools that are in the current distros
> tend to eliminate this problem.

And I repeat, newer monitors eliminate this problem.  First off, newer monitors have better hardware protection.  Second, newer monitors provide the dcc data that those auto config tools need.  Some monitors have incorrect dcc data, therefore the protection kicks in to prevent burning out the monitor.

I'm not putting down the auto config tools, I'm just saying you are giving credit to the wrong people.  And potentially dangerous advice for someone with an older monitor sitting around.

--
William Hooper