Metamail in fedora?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:15:13 UTC 2004

Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:20:22 -0400, John Kodis
> <kodis at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>>>How do shell scripts in FC2 send mime mail messages anyway? Earlier,
>>>using metasend was the best way out!
>>
>>I just use mutt for this.  This command line (all on one line) will
>>generate a message with a message body of "Here's this month's
>>report", attach the report as a mime attachment, and send the message
>>to the report-list mailing list.
>

> Mutt is good for sending plain text mails. For those occasions where
> one needs to send HTML mime mails(e.g. reports, with charts), it is
> inadequate. metasend allows you to send mime mails with any
> content-type.

Can't you specify the content type for mutt to send out?  At the very
worst, you might have to create a custom .muttrc config file and
reference that from the command line.

Not the easiest, but possible.

Did you check to see if metamail is in one of the repositories?  I just
did an apt-get search and it's not in the ones I use (dag, fedora.us &
freshrpms).

Mike