Re: umount problems

Marcel Janssen wrote:
On Sunday 27 June 2004 11:51, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

Marcel Janssen wrote:
Anyway I can force an unmount ?

The problem is probably fam. Try: killall -HUP fam Then unmount.

It wasn't fam.
The problem simply disappeared, after 10 minutes I could unmount. Strange, never seen this before. Must be something regarding the hotplug stuff I guess.

It was fam.

I saw this before and traced it with lsof and grep and it was always fam holding the mount open.

There seems to be a timing issue, or maybe just a simple timeout going on here. If you try to unmount soon after using a mount, or maybe soon after initially inserting a disk (I was using CDs) it will refuse to unmount with the error you mentioned.

The more I messed with it, the more persistent it was in refusing to unmount, so that's why I think it's a timeout problem. Time seems to fix it most of the time.

Can someone point me to the established practices for reporting bugs? What tools should I use to give a standard bug report?

Thanks,

Mike