Nautilus display of home folder

This puzzles me.  I have FC2 installed. My "home folder" is on the
desktop. When I LEFT click on the folder, it displays a "simple" menu
bar (File Edit View Places Help) and the contents of my home folder.

However, if I RIGHT click on the folder on my desktop, and choose
"Browse Folder"...I get a "Nautilus display" with side panel, a
"location" bar, etc. That is, a *browser* interface.

Question...can I get my folder to open in "browser" (Nautilus) mode by
left clicking on the icon?  I've looked..but can't find the answer.

Thanks...Terry