Re: yum makes me crazy

> Bonjour,
>
> who could explain this dialog:
>
> [root machin root]# yum install ntp
> I will do the following:
> [install: ntp 4.1.2-5.i386]
> I will install/upgrade these to satisfy the dependencies:
> [deps: libcap 1.10-16.i386]
> [deps: sed 4.0.8-2.i386]
> Is this ok [y/N]: y
> Exiting on user command.
>
> I get this in 50% of my attempts to install/update packages!!!

Let me guess. Realy your dialog looks like this:
yum> Is this ok [y/N]:
you> {one of your international characters} ^H {i mean 'backspace'} y
^J {i mean 'enter'}

I put my comments to {}.
I'm right?
If it's true then you have typical problem. In short words if you
input one unicode symbol you need to press backspace twice cause each
unicode symbol its two bytes. Sad but true.

--
Theâ BoBuK