OT What would be the best script type

slim vslim at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 29 06:38:36 UTC 2004

To do the following?

I just got one of those fancy-dancy gmail accounts, and while I aint
crazy about the email side of it, the one gig storage gave me an idea.

what Id like to do, is make a script that will gather certain dir. and
files for back up, split some tar.gz files at 9.8 meg each and email
them to my gmail account... the gmail account has a 10 meg limit on a
single message hence the need to split the file...

I can think of a way to do this via php or perl but I was thinking a
shell script would do it more efficiently... what do you all think?

Thanks
slim