jabber

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Jun 29 11:46:24 UTC 2004

> Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>
>>i've been running jabber 2 with success, just followed the instructions to the installations on jabberstudio.org. i
>>did a fallback, as it seems that jabber2 doesn't have transports to irc, msn and icq at the moment.
>>
>>the srpm from kevin sonney just work fine and are actual. unfortunately, 1.4.3 also does have a problem with icq
>> too...
>>
>>Roger
>>

> Why bother with the ICQ transports??
>
> Just use GAIM and connect to Jabber and ICQ (and any others) at the same
> time.. I found this to be a far simpler solution..
>
> Later..

yes, at home, this is also the solution i use. but while working hour, i do not have the possibility to connect to
msn, so jabber is there very helpful. And if i could use this with msn, why not too with icq?

so, this solution might be a little bit more complicated, but this resolves the problem of not reaching colleagues via
msn - don't tell them to change - they are not freaks at all... ;-)

btw. - with this i can use webmessenger - a webinterface for jabber - i just need one tool for all - via web
http://webmessenger.sourceforge.net

Roger